Frequently Asked Questions
- Is THE TUTORING CENTER open year-round?
- Yes! THE TUTORING CENTER is open year-round. Our most successful students are those that
continue attending during their summer break or off-track periods so that they start off the new
school year ahead of their peers rather than forgetting what they learned in the previous
grade. We keep the same schedule year-round.
- What hours do you schedule your tutoring sessions?
- THE TUTORING CENTER has sessions scheduled Monday to Thursday at 3:30, 4:30, and
5:30, and 6:30 PM. Some centers have sessions scheduled on Saturday mornings at 9:30, 10:30,
and 11:30 AM. Depending on your program, your child will attend 2 or 3 sessions per week.
- How important is it to continue enrollment over the summer months? What about vacations?
- Summer enrollment is a very important factor in your child's overall long-term success in our
programs. Our research indicates that students who continue their sessions during the summer
improve at a much faster rate than those who withdraw for summer vacation. We have compared
students who stay and students who leave for the summer and have concluded that a leave of
absence during the summer has a negative impact on your child's progress. If you need to take a
week or two break for a vacation, we will definitely work around your schedule.
- Why is One-To-One Instruction more effective than small group instruction?
- Research indicates that One-To-One Instruction rapidly increases academic skills. The results of
this empirical research indicate that One-To-One Instruction is superior to classroom, small
group, or even one-on-one tutoring with your child's classroom teacher or home tutor. As your
child works in "The Rotational Approach to LearningTM,"
they will receive intense one-to-one
instruction and then be given a short period of time to independently apply what they just
learned. We teach your child to learn to work independently by systematically combining individual
one-to-one instruction with independent application and mastery of skills just learned. There is
just no better way to tutor children!
- Why is my child having difficulty in school or not reaching their potential? We've tried
- The answer to that question varies from child to child, but we will have a better idea of why
your child may be struggling or not reaching their potential after we have the results of the
Diagnostic Assessment. Most children have difficulty in school because their academic skills are
not at the level that they should be. Other children may have problems with concentration,
confidence, study habits, motivation, or general test-taking skills. Regardless of why your child is
having difficulty in school, THE TUTORING CENTER's intensive
Programs are individually designed to help your child achieve long-term academic success.
- Can you help my child if he has ADD, ADHD, or other concentration problem?
- YES! We are the only after-school learning center that has a unique system of delivery that helps
children increase their concentration, attention span, and focus while strengthening their academic
skills. This system of delivery is called "The Rotational Approach to LearningTM." Each week,
thousands of students at our centers increase their concentration and focus while they learn in an
environment that is fun, enjoyable, and stress-free.
- What's the difference between THE TUTORING CENTER and tutoring offered by my
- This is one of the questions parents ask all the time. THE TUTORING CENTER features an
intense learning environment with One-To-One Instruction. Our innovative system gives your
child far more structured guidance than they will ever receive in a classroom full of children, in a
small group, or even one-to-one at home. Many schools provide after-school tutoring or
intervention programs for students that are having difficulty in school. Even though these
programs are free to families, current research indicates that these programs are inefficient, time consuming,
and most importantly will not provide you with a permanent solution. In fact, results
from years of Standardized Testing indicate that more children in these intervention programs are
below the 50th percentile than ever before. This is a clear indication that school-based
intervention programs are not working for most children. While school-based or home tutoring
may provide your child with short-term help with homework, THE TUTORING CENTER's
intense One-To-One Instruction combined with
"The Rotational Approach to LearningTM" actually
provides your child with a permanent solution and long-term skills that will last a lifetime.
- What is the cost for your tutoring programs?
- Each of our Centers list their tuition and fees on this web site.
Find the Center nearest you for a
complete list of their programs and tuition costs. And don't forget... the Diagnostic Assessment
is always FREE.